Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lucky 7

Day 7 .. I rode my bike to work in the steamy morning and back again in the steamy afternoon. Will the humidity ever break? Everything I own is damp! (no air-conditioning in my old.. very old.. apartment) The good news is that I also walked for 20 minutes around the Square before heading home. Yeah!

My Dad and his partner, Melinda, tied the knot on 07/07/07. At 7:07 pm, no less! The entire family (with the exception of yours truly) was there to witness the event. I just couldn't find a way to swing the trip on such short notice (he told us about 3 weeks ago). My assistant at work was already scheduled for a vacation and it's first come, first served at our small newspaper. There was just no one else to cover.. plus, it was a holiday week. Bad timing for me, excellent (and hopefully lucky) timing for Dad & Melinda. My sister took and sent me cell phone photos during the ceremony. So, I really was there in spirit!

McBeth & I watched Because I Said So starring Diane Keaton last night. Funny & light-hearted, it was the perfect end to a good day.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 PM, Blogger mcbeth said...

I'm sorry you weren't able to attend their wedding but what great luck you have in the midst of that disappointment to have attentive sibs who found a way to help you feel just a little closer. Good kids. : )

I wish both your dad and Melinda the very best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home