Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Camping & Other Adventures

McBeth & I embarked on our first camping trip together over the past weekend (July 13-15) at Kettle Moraine State Park (http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/specific/kms). What a beautiful place for our first camping adventure! See pics at www.Flickr.com/photos/DrStarbuck and www.Flickr.com/photos/McBeth. Fun fun fun! It was the perfect weekend weather-wise.. temps in the 60's at night and 80's by day.

I've been keeping in touch daily with my special point person, KB, with regard to my walking and biking (30 mins. of movement) reports. Yesterday (7/16/07) I dragged my tired, stiff body out the door after finally arriving home (stiff from sleeping on the ground for 2 nights).. and managed to get in a neighborhood walk. What follows are some pics from that walk:

Online lakeside (complete with duck family)

Neighborhood bistro?

Older house with fun artsy decor.

Same house with more designs.

Hmmm.. planning to store the car inside the POD?

Have kayaks, will travel!

Plaque on State Street at Brearly.

Close-up #1

Close-up #2

Close-up #3 showing cool octagon-shaped mansion.

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger mcbeth said...

I like that lakeside work station.

And I had a wonderful time camping. It took us long enough, to get out there so we could figure out 'oh hey, we do this pretty well together', eh?

hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home