Friday, April 04, 2008

A New Attitude

It's been a while since I've been around these parts, but I'm happy to report that a lot of positive changes have occurred over the past 6 months. First, I accepted a position with the City of Madison and am delighted to be working once again with an old friend. Fortunately, for us, our work ethics are quite similar, and our individual talents complement each other nicely. Half-way through my probation period, I'm receiving much positive feedback and review.

Leaving Isthmus Publishing after nearly 8 years has been bittersweet. Many of the folks there feel more like family to me than co-workers. I know that we'll continue our friendships well into the future.

McBeth & I made a commitment in February to establish a regular gym schedule, with the hopes of being each other's biggest supporter (and motivator). This is working well! I stepped onto the scale the first of this month and am happy to report that I've lost a solid 10 lbs.! So far, we have met our "3x/week" goal.. and have begun to see improvement in both strength and endurance. I must admit, I had my doubts about working out in the evenings (having previously been one of those VERY early morning gym rats), but, my friend, Liz, reminded me that a good dose of change is always a fine way to shake things up. She is SO right!

3 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger mcbeth said...

With your exciting renewed enthusiasm I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to saddle you up and hold on tight to the reigns just to keep up. ;-)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger DrStarbuck said...

Saddle on up, CowGrrl!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger mcbeth said...

yeeeeeehawwwww!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home